Look like a boss and impress your coworkers!
Finding work appropriate shoes for the summer can be challenging. You want something that breathes well in the heat, but is still acceptable for the office. Some workplaces have certain dress codes which can make it even more challenging. But there are a lot of options that work for various office environments and can also double for off duty outfits as well.
Here are some of my favorites.
- Gladiator sandal: This has a closed back, which makes it more universally office appropriate.
- Flat sandal: Tortoise shell elevates an otherwise simple sandal.
- Open toe flat: A cross between a ballet flat and a sandal, which makes for a multi-purpose shoe.
- Leather eyelet heel: Eyelet gives these heels an unexpected summer twist.
- Lace up stacked heel: This is basically the high heel version of the gladiator sandal. It still has a closed back, making it work friendly.
- Stacked open toe heel: Yes, this is in suede but that adds an unusual element for summer and also helps transition to fall.
- Canvas espadrille: These wedges have a nautical feel, but the closed toe and neutral color keep it classy enough for work.
- T-strap wedge: The unusual strap elevates this look, along with a print/solid combination.