Motivation to get you through hump day!
One thing is constant whenever I work out- there must be good music playing. Music is essential to help me disconnect from the outside world and focus on my workout and it often adds an extra boost of motivation- haven’t we all pushed through an extra few minutes on the treadmill because our favorite song from high school was playing?
Even though my need for music is consistent, the songs I choose to listen to are not. They range from everything to Motown and rap to alternative and pop. In fact, I almost never listen to just one genre when I work out in an effort to keep the playlist interesting. Here’s a compilation of some of my all time faves to break a sweat to, and combined they make a pretty random but enjoyable playlist.
- “All These Things That I’ve Done” The Killers
- “Steal My Kisses” Ben Harper
- “Locked Out of Heaven” Bruno Mars
- “All Falls Down” Kanye West
- “To Be With You” Mr. Big
- “Home” Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes
- “City On Down (Live)” O.A.R.
- “Always Be My Baby” Mariah Carey
- “Back That Azz Up” Juvenile
- “Love on Top” Beyonce
- “My Girl” The Temptations
- “I Want it That Way” Backstreet Boys
- “Shake It Off” Taylor Swift
- “A Million Years” Alexander Ebert
- “Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes” Paul Simon